What to Expect From Fire Extinguisher Inspection & Service Companies Columbus Ohio
By investing wisely into fire safety, you will be able to protect yourself from huge losses that can happen in the future as a result of a massive fire accident. Installing the fire extinguishers and waiting for the disaster to use them is what many homes and businesses do. This is a wrong and dangerous move. There are strict requirements that have been set by NFPA to guide extinguisher inspections and maintenance. Therefore, a reliable company will be able to inspect and maintain your extinguishers at regular intervals and make sure the extinguishers are up to code.
Frequency of the inspection
According to the NFPA guidelines, all organizations should have their fire equipment tested and inspected annually. The guidelines state that the inspection should be done by a qualified fire extinguisher inspector. If you want to keep your peace of mind, you can schedule more frequent inspections after consulting your inspection company. Besides, once you use a fire extinguisher, it will most likely need to be refilled and inspected.
There is no need to postpone the much needed inspection, especially when there are companies like Red Truck Fire & Safety Company serving all of Columbus and other areas in Ohio.
What the inspectors do
Fire extinguisher inspectors carry out a comprehensive, secure and accurate inspection. Their goal is to deliver a high-quality job that will guarantee your safety in case of a fire event. The inspection can be done manually or by using high-tech electronic devices. While at your premises, here are some of the main things that the inspectors will do:
- Verify that all the fire extinguishers are visible and have not been obstructed by any physical objects.
- Ascertain that there is a portable fire extinguisher within a 75 feet interval on all the floors.
- Verify that the extinguisher is in its designated location. Fire extinguishers are required to be within 30 feet radius from the cooking areas, especially in restaurants.
- Ensure that the hose is intact, the tamper seal is unbroken, and the pull pin is securely fastened.
- Check to see if you have the right fire extinguisher for your business.
- Check for physical signs of damage such as rusts cracks, dents, and a clogged nozzle, among others.
- Check to see if the operating instructions have been placed on the nameplate and are visible.
Choosing a reputable company
The points mentioned above are just some of the things that are covered by the fire extinguisher inspection service. Red Truck Fire & Safety Company is an extinguisher inspecting company that delivers the best services to both business and residential premises in Columbus, OH. We abide by the rules and regulations in the delivery of this service. We can also tailor our inspection services to meet the specific needs of our clients.